Friday, February 01, 2008

Time Flies???

It is Illinois Today. We were dumped with about 8" of snow yesterday and last night, it is beautiful to look at and I'd love to take a walk in the woods, but alas, I was faced with the following choice. Go to work or Referee the hoard of children who were not in school due to a snow day - easy choice for me. TGF was not so lucky as he has no work excuse, hee, hee, hee.

I don't remember the last time I posted to the blog, but I think it was after harvest. We were blessed this year with timely rains, abundant harvest and increased prices for the corn and soybeans that we grew this year. Of course the imput prices (fertilizers and seed and etc) have adjusted their prices accordingly, but all in all, it was an excellent year for us. All harvest was accomplished in a safe and more or less organized manner. I have said before and will probably say again, I think farming is the most important job in the world, without TGF and his partners in relaxation (i.e. other farmers) we would not enjoy the abundance of goods to be purchased at the store. If we don't eat well, we don't live well. It does us good to remember that from time to time.

No comments: